Founded as Brooklyn Collegiate and Polytechnic Institute in 1854, the former Polytechnic University is one of New York’s most prestigious engineering schools. (Polytechnic University merged with New York University to become Polytechnic Institute of NYU, and was subsequently renamed the NYU Tandon School of Engineering.) As Polytechnic University, the school commissioned Archigrafika to create a comprehensive environmental graphics program for use throughout its campus.
Inspired by the dynamic energy and aesthetic of the school’s campus in Brooklyn’s MetroTech Center, Archigrafika produced a bold and bright brand identity program that included the creation of a new logo and style guide, cohesive campus-wide environmental graphics, and local advertising. The combination of contemporary typography, bright colors and portraits taken from the diverse student body helped to unite a campus comprising a variety of historic architectural styles, materials and sizes, and introduced a forward-looking, contemporary image to lead the school into its second century.
Location: MetroTech Center Brooklyn, NY